QuadTech® Inspection System on ICON™
For Packaging and Converting
The QuadTech® Inspection System provides true 100% inspection on 100% of your print or non-print product, web or sheet, 100% of the time. Utilizing the most advanced algorithms in the industry, the Inspection System can detect a wide variety of defects such as ink spots, register/color variation, content issues, and streaks.
Unlike other defect detection systems that only scan small sample areas, the QuadTech Inspection System inspects the entire substrate width 100% of the time. The Inspection System’s modern high definition wide screen user interface allows for a less cluttered, more intuitive user experience. The screen supports large image sizes for defect analysis, and provides easy access to inspection features.
Features and Benefits
QuadTech’s modern, intuitive user interface
provides press operators with powerful
- Utilizes 64-Bit software architecture, with more algorithms analyzing the print for better performance.
- Advanced algorithms adapt the system to changing press conditions, ensuring optimal inspection at all critical phases of press operation including starts/restarts, splices, and all normal running speeds.
- A “Golden Template” reference image is acquired at the beginning of the print run. Every subsequent printed copy is compared to the Golden Template—resulting in a fixed, repeatable quality standard allowing the QuadTech Inspection System to detect even the subtlest of defects.
- Tolerates web wander and stretch, detecting slow-growing defects using one Golden Template for the full print run.
- A live, color-coded roll map allows operators to quickly identify different types of defects, and make fast decisions about defect severity and remedy.
- User interface provides defect masking and multiple defect sensitivities.
- Dual-side inspection with customizable resolution, and specific features such as front-to-back register monitoring.
- To track defects for removal later in the workflow, the Inspection System stores all inspection and production data in a roll map database.
- Defects can be tagged physically or electronically, then communicated to the converting controller to automatically locate defective material for removal.
- Temperature-controlled LED lighting allows printers to view the printed substrate at the lowest level of granularity.
- Proprietary LED lighting design delivers highly stable light output for clean, high-quality inspection images and superior inspection performance.
- Custom lighting designs are available for a variety of specific applications, including standard, reflective, trans-missive, and UV. Purpose-built lights accurately illuminate any substrate/ink combination.
- LED lighting maximizes light lifespan, minimizing cost of ownership.
- Expandable hardware architecture has the ability to scale up to an industry-leading eight line-scan cameras per system, providing superior image quality on larger fields of view.
- “Future-proof” architecture leverages leading software and hardware development platforms.
Inspection System cameras