QuadTech® Color Measurement with DeltaCam™
For Packaging and Converting
QuadTech’s Color Measurement with DeltaCam makes advanced, inline spectral measurement affordable. For about the cost of a color register system, you can utilize accurate, automated L*a*b* measurement on film, paper or board—ensuring that all printed product is within your customers’ color specifications.
Reduce time and waste while confidently maintaining color throughout the roll—without the need to wait for a roll change to measure with a handheld device. CI flexo, inline flexo, and gravure press operators can spot problems early and make corrections quickly, thus minimizing waste, customer complaints, and rebates.
Features and Benefits
QuadTech’s DeltaCam provides accurate
inline spectral measurements, reducing
waste and ensuring all printed products are
within your customers’ color specifications.
- Inline, true L*a*b* color measurement using a 31-channel spectrophotometer
- Quickly detect and analyze colorimetric and density variations from targets located anywhere within the product while the press is running.
- Strict adherence to ISO standards
- Complies to M1 and M0 measurement conditions
- Spectral measurement with 10nm resolution (400nm to 700nm)
- LED illumination provides greatly extended bulb life and color temperature control, creating ideal conditions for precise color measurement.
- Advanced optical design delivers low stray light, ensuring high repeatability.
- Best accuracy available at press speeds up to 610 m/min (2000 ft/min), and on web widths up to 2896mm (114 inches), reading 5mm x 5mm color patches.
- The optional patented web stabilizer (required for film) increases color measurement accuracy on the widest range of packaging substrates—by stabilizing the web during measurement and utilizing ISO-conforming black & white backing tiles for transparent materials.
- Excellent inter-instrument agreement with the most widely used handheld instruments. With the web stabilizer, agreement of less than 1∆E00 is achieved.
Operators can quickly determine if L*a*b*
measurements are within tolerances.
- Easy-to-use operator user interface requires little training.
- Store and quickly recall commonly-run jobs, set up next jobs remotely, set up the next job while the current job is running.
- Reduce makeready time and waste, and confidently maintain production without the need to stop the press for handheld measurements.
- DeltaCam technology is area-capture and provides the ability to quickly locate and maintain tracking of the target patches as the substrate is moving.
- Color control and reporting capabilities are available when DeltaCam is combined with QuadTech’s ColorTrack™ with InkControl™.
- Deliver absolute color consistency press-to-press, shift-to-shift, and plant-to-plant.
- Ensures that no out-of-spec product gets to your customers.
- Meet or exceed brand owner expectations.
- Provides a new competitive advantage to attract brand owners and print buyers.